- This event has passed.
OASES for Change – Info evening with tools and work aids
25. May 2023 , 16:45 – 20:30
***Project results and tools – plus a delicious 3-course meal prepared by the cooking team of our last Youth Exchange according to recipes from the OASES group cooking tool***
Whoever organizes international youth encounters, or other youth camps/vacations, is usually familiar with questions such as:
- How do we collect the necessary data of the participants and generate the essential lists from it?
- How do we organize the cooking in a self-catering house?
- How can we make youth meetings as inviting, diversity-inclusive and creativity-promoting as possible? Which content-related and logistical quality criteria are important to us?
After 20 years of working in international youth encounters, we have developed quality criteria, guidelines and practical tools in the project “OASES for Change – Organizing Artistic-Self-Empowerment Spaces” together with youth work organizations from nine other countries: Especially for international youth encounters with artistic cultural-pedagogical approaches, but to a large extent also applicable to other youth encounters and camps.
We would like to share these work aids and tools with you!
Project trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siLGmcIopd4
Project page: https://rrcgn.de/oases
- OASES-participant-list tool based on Google Sheets:
Comfortably collect the essential participant data and automatically generate participant lists in different formats – Erasmus+ lists, state of NRW lists, lists to import for the EU-Youthpass, lists for accommodation and catering (how many vegans/vegetarians/omnivores are present at meal X?).
- OASES group cooking tool based on Google Sheets, available in English and German:
Quickly build a menu for your entire youth meeting from more than 130 recipes; automatically generate a cooking plan with recipes and matching shopping lists. Enter your own recipes if required. Automatically adjust the quantities to the number of vegans/vegetarians/omnivores from your OASES participant list.
- OASES-PDF manual with quality criteria, tips and work aids on about 150 pages (English language).
- OASES Fact Sheet for participants: pre-layouted Canva template.
We would be happy to welcome you on May 25th!
“OASES for Change – Organizing Artistic-Self-Empowerment Spaces” is a project coordinated by us with partner organizations from all over Europe, funded by the EU program Erasmus+; we are organizing this info evening in cooperation with the ESR (Evangelische Schüler*innenarbeit im Rheinland).